Karim Karim, R.Ac
Registered Acupuncturist ~ Ayurvedic Practitioner ~ Injection Therapy ~ Founder of Shakti Qi
Hello, my name is Karim. I’m a Registered Acupuncturist and Ayurvedic Practitioner. My passion for healing and helping others has driven me to train and combine several disciplines including, but not limited to, Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture, Ayurvedic Massage and Medicine, as well as Injection Therapy and Vitamin Booster shots, to achieve beneficial results for those in my care.
My dance career took me to many countries, and during that time I discovered my other true passion, the healing arts. It started first with the practice and teaching of Yoga, which lead me to the study and work in Ayurvedic Medicine, and eventually to graduate with a Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine Diploma in Vancouver. I subsequently received my Registered Acupuncture licence from the College of Traditional Medicine and Acupuncture (CTCMA).
I welcome all – males, females, trans*, and non-binary folks – who are on the journey to their optimum health. My commitment to learning about and understanding the individual needs of my patients is what, in my opinion, makes my practice unique. I am available to help with any of your health concerns; pain, fertility, stress, menstrual issues, general health, or other more specific concerns whether body or mind.
I offer my support to those who are looking to resolve their health discomforts or concerns to have a more productive and happy life. Our bodies go through many events and transitions during our lives – from conception to birth through to aging. Our bodies record our stories and remember our joys and pains. I can help your body find peace with its past and its present, and help it step into your future.
As an ex-dancer, and someone who has led a physically active life, I know what it’s like living with pain on a daily basis. “The show must go on”. Maybe you feel the same way? Dealing with pain on a constant basis but not knowing how to get relief. That’s where I can help.
Pain is pain and not fun, and you don’t have live with it anymore. With the skills and training I have gained over the years, I can help minimize and in some cases, rid you of your pain completely and permanently. These could be …
- aches and pains, continuous or recurring
- chronic or acute pain
- from old or new injuries
- Joint or arthritic pains
I can also help you strengthen your immune system and aid your body in fighting those minor, nagging or major issues, or side effects like …
- that may occur from cancer, or other strong and/or invasive treatments
- reactions to drugs or foods
- headaches, lack of energy, insomnia, constipation, diarrhea, aging, etc.
- after an illness or accident
- prevent flus or colds before/when it feels like it’s just coming on, or you already have one and need to rid of
You could have more specific issues you want to deal with your male, female, or trans* bodies in general. Aside from those mentioned above you could have more specific issues that comes up for you which you want to resolve and have a comfortable and happy body to be in.
- sexual organs, ED (erectile disfunction), prostate, abnormal discharge
- menstrual cycle: to have a normal regular pain free one, fibroids, cysts
- “moody” cycles or emotional up’s and down’s
- infertility or libido
- stress, anxiety, depression, emotional, etc.
- conceiving, pregnancy and postpartum
I combine formal studies in both Chinese and Ayurvedic Medicines, as well as my own learning from around the world in my work with clients. I am committed to continuing education and the review of research-based practices. I aim to stay up to date with the most current means and tools to use in helping you get to that optimal health you deserve.
Having a close connection to the LGBT community and being knowledgeable about health concerns specific to many in that community I feel places me in a unique position to help. This includes anyone going through transition, or having gone through it. I’m familiar with issues related to hormonal balance as well as concerns related to sexuality, making my patients feel immediately at ease in a non-judgmental and safe atmosphere.
I also bring an understanding and empathy about different peoples and cultures, whoever they may be. Being part of different communities and cultures myself, I have experienced challenges being accepted within whatever may be the “norm”. With this experience, I believe I can be of help and give you the space to feel comfortable with someone who understands and can help you achieve your optimum health.
I want to take this opportunity to welcome you to Shakti Qi; rest assured you, your health and your well-being are in good hands.
Did you know that Acupuncture is covered by most insurance plans and ICBC claims? Check with your provider to see if you are covered.
Education and Training:
- Yoga training and teaching – Yogatone – NYC, NY, USA
- Ayurvedic Massage – Barcelona, Spain
- Ayurvedic Medicine – Various Dr.’s in private classes and clinic, Pune, Maharashtra, India
- Chavitti Massage – Pala, Kerala, India
- Graduated from the 5-year Diploma program Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine – ICTCMV, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Registered Acupuncturist (R. Ac.) – College of Traditional Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture (CTCMA), Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Graduate Mentorship Program 2016 and 2018 with Sharon Wisenbaum – White Pines Institute, Amherst, MA, USA
- Bio-puncture with Dr. Rod LeBlanc – SATA, Lifelong Health Pain Clinic & Bioesthetics, White Rock, BC, Canada
- Distal Needling Acupuncture (DNA) and Medical Pulse Diagnosis (MPD) – Robert Doane, London, UK
- Medical Pulse Diagnosis (MPD): Treating the Emperor: Cardiovascular Diseases – Robert Doane, Pulsbo, WA, USA
- Treating Male fertility (w/acupuncture) – Brad Whisnant